SFCAMFT supports your professional and personal growth, whether you are working with clients as a trainee while you complete your Master’s Degree program or are a post-degree intern.
SFCAMFT opportunities for pre-licensed members include:
- Monthly support groups led by a licensed member where issues specific to your stage of professional development can be explored, including licensing exam preparation, how to evaluate internships, how to deal with problems related to being a trainee or intern, and other relevant topics
- Networking opportunities to begin developing a network of colleagues
- A free mentor program for support and guidance from licensed clinicians
- Annual Intern Symposium with topics focused on current concerns
- Training and professional development opportunities at our monthly meetings
- Discounted rates on professional liability insurance
- Access to directory of certified supervisors throughout the state through CAMFT
- Leadership opportunities at SFCAMFT
- Access to the SFCAMFT listserv for practice-related information
- Access to the intern listserv with information specific to pre-licensed members.
We would like to know what events or activities YOU would find beneficial to your development. The opportunities for support are endless, so please email your ideas to Jennifer.
For information about the Mental Health Professionals Loan Repayment Program click here.
For students, as of January 1, 2014, CAMFT is pleased to offer free professional liability insurance for graduate student members! To support your journey to licensure, CAMFT has partnered with CPH and Associates to provide this new member benefit at no cost to you! For more information about this benefit, please click here.
The San Francisco CAMFT Intern/Pre-licensed program coordinator is Jennifer Normoyle, LMFT email@example.com, 415-203-0401