How can I join SFCAMFT or renew my membership?
You can join or renew online. In addition to creating a member profile, you can also create a clinician profile for inclusion in the public online therapist directory.
What are the membership levels?
There are four levels:
- Licensed clinician – an individual who possesses a valid LMFT license
- Associate – an individual who is registered as an Associate Marriage and Family Therapist
- Trainee/Student – an individual who is a student and/or in a practicum but not yet registered as an intern.
- Affiliate – a provider such as an LCSW, psychologist, attorney, etc.
What does membership cost? How do I pay?
Annual dues for membership are $60 for licensed professionals and affiliate professionals and $40 for pre-licensed clinicians. You can pay online with a credit card or by check.
How does renewal work? Can I renew at any time?
The membership year is concurrent with the calendar year, January – December. The membership drive starts October 1st. Dues received from January 1st – September 30th are applied for the current calendar year. Dues received October 1st – December 31st are applied to the following calendar year. You have until February 1st to renew your membership and avoid lapsing.
Do I have to be a member of the state CAMFT to be a member of SFCAMFT?
Yes, state CAMFT requires membership as a prerequisite for membership in local chapters such as SFCAMFT.
I just got licensed. How do I change my membership level?
Once you are licensed you can change your membership level in your profile. You do not have to pay additional membership dues when you change levels.
How does the ListServ work?
The SFCAMFT listserv is one of the Chapter’s most valuable resources, only available to members. Members may post a message that will be delivered via email to all the members of the listserv. It is used to share practice-related information, such as office space needed/for rent, referrals, workshops and groups, employment and internship/practicum opportunities, etc.
As a member of the chapter, you can join the list by making sure you’re logged in to this site and visiting the “Listserv Settings” page under “My Profile,” where you’ll find a form. Once you submit the form, you will be taken to Listbox.com where you can manage your settings to receive a daily digest if that is your preference. You can also use this form to unsubscribe from the listserv.
To post to the listserv, simply send your message to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to prevent bounces, make sure your email is set up to recognize messages from listbox.com as not SPAM.
If you visit listbox.com/member and look at the right side of the page you can:
- Modify your subscription to receive digests
- “Go on vacation” so your inbox isn’t flooded while you are away
- Visit the archives to look at past messages
- You can also get to this page by clicking “modify subscription” link at the bottom of any incoming listserv message.
Do use the list to post the following:
- Group therapy announcements/openings.
- Consultation groups.
- Referrals needed.
- Name, address or email changes.
- Workshops, lectures with MFT content.
- Consultation, legal and ethical issues that are related to the MFT field.
Do Not use the listserv to post the following:
- Advertisements for your private practice.
- Political messages.
- Non-MFT oriented content of any kind.
- Virus or other technical notification.
If you are having trouble with the listserv or have a question that isn’t addressed here, please contact the listserv moderator, Pavi Sandhu at email@example.com.