I. SFCAMFT Diversity Statement:
SFCAMFT recognizes that as an organization we have historically not been as aware of or done enough to address issues of diversity and systemic privilege. We recognize that systemic privilege and discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, indigenous heritage, immigration status, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, socioeconomic status, or marital/relationship status contributes to disparities in power, control, privilege, influence, and opportunities in our organization and in our community. We acknowledge that we have a lot to learn and we have work to do. We recognize that this will be a living document that may change as we learn and grow.
We acknowledge that we must do more than put words on paper. We commit to working in practical and substantive ways to take action in both our organization and our community to learn about and remain aware of longstanding patterns of historical and systemic discrimination and biases, and to take action towards breaking these patterns.
The Board of SFCAMFT commits to the following action items:
II. Plan of Action for 2021:
- We commit to improving our demographic data collection and data analysis that will inform recruitment, programming, and retention.
- We commit to active recruitment for membership of underrepresented portions of our community, based on data analysis.
- We commit to a designated budget for our Diversity Initiatives, including events, trainings, and resources for the Diversity Committee.
- We commit to fostering spaces that are responsive to the needs of underrepresented affinity groups of therapists, for example: consultation groups, networking events, and other opportunities for connection
- We commit to creating initiatives for actively undoing racism in our organization and larger community, such as continuing our White Allies Working Group.
- We commit to explore and research how to encourage diversity in the early educational track of our profession.
- We commit to amplifying and highlighting community members and organizations offering low-fee and sliding scale resources, and specialized services to underrepresented populations.
- We commit to programming that increases awareness around diversity, inclusion, and social justice.
- We commit to active recruitment of Board members, committee members, and volunteers that reflect the diversity of our membership.
- We commit to creating a Grievance and Resolution Process.